Please read the installation instructions and appendices completely before performing this installation. Please also be aware that by installing the following software you are agreeing to the terms and conditions contained in the Enexity End User License Agreement.
The SecureLink Software Component runs as a restricted user (non-root). We generally recommend adding a new user (rss) to the system, and installing our software in that user’s home directory (~rss), although this is not required. Regardless of which user is used, this document will simply refer to “RSS User” as the chosen user, and to $HOME as that user’s home directory.
As the RSS User, download the following files into $HOME:
Untar and Uncompress the files. The intersystemsclient file will create the subdirectory “slink/bin” off of $HOME, the intersystemsvnc file will create “slink/vnc“, and the intersystemsjava file will create “slink/java“.
- cd $HOME tar zxvf intersystemsclient.tar.gz tar zxvf intersystemsvnc.tar.gz tar zxvf intersystemsjava.tar.gz
If the chosen RSS User is NOT “rss“, then you must modify the $HOME/slink/slinkscs tartup script. Modify the following line:
and set the RSSUSER variable to the chosen user ID.
At this point, the SecureLink Component Listener is ready to run. To start it up manually, execute the following command as the RSS User, or as the root user:
- sh $HOME/slink/slinksc start
Diagnostic log output will be placed in $HOME/slink/bin/slstarter.log.
In order for the Component Listener to be started automatically after a reboot, it must be installed as a Service. Execute the following commands as the root user:
- ln -s $HOME/slink/slinksc /etc/init.d/slinksc chkconfig –add slinksc chkconfig –level 3 slinksc on
By default, the Component Listener listens on port 4680. Refer to Changing the Default Component Port in the Component manual to change this value. To activate a connection, just point a browser to http://hostname:4680, where hostname is the name of the system with the Component installed.
At this point, the Software Component installation is complete.
To shut down the Component Listener, execute the following command as the RSS User, or as the root user:
- sh $HOME/slink/slinksc stop
Appendix A – Java VM 1.4
The SecureLink Component includes the Java VM 1.4 Runtime. This package is intersystemsjava.tar.gz. Installing this package will not conflict with any JVM currently installed on the Server. If the Server already has the Java 1.4 VM installed, this package can still be installed, but is not required. If you would like to use the existing 1.4 JVM instead, one of the following two methods may be used:
1 . Create a symbolic link to the Java VM
- This is the simplest method. Create a link that point to the base directory of the Java VM installation. For example:
- ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_06 $HOME/slink/java
- After the link is created, make sure the following command yields a version number of 1.4.0 or higher:
- $HOME/slink/java/bin/java -version
2. Set the appropriate environment variables
Set one of the following variables in the RSS User’s environment to the location of the Java VM:
For example (Bourne Shell syntax):
- JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_06;export JAVA_HOME
If you have any questions or comments, please send email to email@example.com.