Unified Care Record
The Foundation for Collaborative Care, Innovation, and Transformation
The health and wellness ecosystem is diverse, with care delivered across a wide range of organizations, geographies, and disciplines. Similarly, the information this ecosystem creates and consumes is diverse, dispersed, and dynamic. A unified care record providing a current and complete view of all the data – clinical, social, and financial – is key to improving patient care and fostering innovation.
Breaking Down the Boundaries of Care
InterSystems HealthShare Unified Care Record helps providers, payers, consumers, social care and wellness services, researchers, and solution developers overcome the challenges of decentralized data by creating a shared, comprehensive, and unified care record. HealthShare delivers relevant data from the unified record into clinical and business workflows, communicates across your application and business ecosystem, and facilitates timely action through real-time notifications.
HealthShare data is aggregated, normalized, and deduplicated so all of it, regardless of source, is stored in a single, consistent format. This data can power analytics applications, HL7 FHIR® (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) applications (including FHIR R4), and artificial intelligence for knowledge discovery. Because it is updated in near real-time, you can be confident you’re always working with the latest information.
HealthShare extends and enhances the software investments you’ve already made. And it is a strong foundation for pursuing new business relationships and integrated care models with confidence. Additional use cases include:
- Connecting to and integrating data from national health data exchange networks, including CommonWell and Carequality
- Coordinating and optimizing team-based community care delivery for individuals and populations
- Ensuring continuity as you modernize your IT infrastructure by archiving legacy clinical data in your unified care record
- Seeing performance trends in time to make the course corrections essential for success in value-based care
- Investing limited resources cost effectively using business intelligence to identify population cohorts at highest risk
- Uniting data from multiple sources, including claims and clinical data as well as information about social determinants of health, to optimize care management and population health initiatives
- Making it easier for a patient to view coverage and explanation of benefit information by mapping clinical data to USCDI v1 and claims data to CARIN implementation guide specifications
- Using aggregated, clean data for process redesign or clinical research
- Innovative uses of aggregated, clean data in process redesign, or for clinical research
- Serving up data for connected FHIR-based applications, including FHIR R4
- Meeting CMS rule 9115-F requirements with a patient access API built on the CARIN and US Core Implementation Guide
- Payer-to-Payer Data Exchange, including support for PDex Implementation Guide
Wherever you need it.
Unified Care Record
HealthShare includes a comprehensive and extensible health data model and data normalization technology for unifying all information relevant to each person, regardless of its source or format. This includes patient-generated data, clinical content, claims, and social determinants of health. In many cases, the unified care record is integrated directly into the electronic medical record systems used by clinicians.
Equally accessible from desktop and mobile devices, the HealthShare Clinical Viewer delivers a longitudinal representation of the patient/member record. Beyond what may be available in the EMR, clinicians, care managers, care coordinators, case managers and other members of the team can use the Clinical Viewer to get the information they need. Upon a patient or member lookup, quick summaries bring the most relevant information together on one screen, and a single click provides details on history, conditions, allergies, medications, labs, vital signs, social determinants, claims, and more. Component-level grouping (e.g. medications by name, documents by encounter type) and date range filter features allow care organizations to meet niche use cases without having to create custom code.
The Vital Signs graphing feature also allows end user dynamic manipulation, providing patients and providers easier access to insights from critical data.
A Single Point Of Connectivity
The Unified Care Record can provide a single connection to national federated networks such as CommonWell and Carequality.
Single Sign-On from Third-Party Applications
To minimize the cognitive burden on clinicians, HealthShare uses single sign-on between an EMR and the Clinical Viewer. With minimal configuration, administrators can add a link in the EMR which takes clinicians to the Clinical Viewer without requiring a second log in. This saves clinicians the time and trouble of having to remember another set of credentials.
Messaging and Event Notifications
HealthShare supports coordinated care across the entire care team, including consumers, with secure messaging and automated notifications. Care managers can subscribe to alerts on their members for events such as Emergency Department visits, abnormal lab results, gaps in care, and missed appointments. These notifications help avoid costly adverse events and align care teams and patients around desired outcomes.
Social Determinants of Health
HealthShare makes it easier to communicate a complete picture of the individual across the health and social care community. It can store, analyze, and share non-clinical factors affecting the overall health of a patient, such as living situation, healthy food availability, or access to transportation.
Advanced FHIR Capabilities
HealthShare continues our longstanding healthcare interoperability leadership with concurrent support for FHIR R4, and STU3. Our FHIR support includes:
- Representing all of your data as FHIR resources, and using our FHIR Server to simplify data sharing with devices and applications
- Mapping between older data formats and FHIR to help you increase the value of legacy systems
In addition to FHIR, HealthShare supports all the major national and international interoperability standards, including HL7v2, X12, and multiple CDA formats, that are used by your data sources.
We also have a relatively straightforward manner of pulling out information to place into payer reports for gaps in care. We have been able to transform documents from one EMR into a standard format that our EMR system can consume."
Performance and Scale
HealthShare has become the leading solution for aggregating and sharing health information at any scale because it delivers on its promises. Data quality, system management, analytics, and operational reporting tools help you track and manage usage across facilities.
HealthShare’s Management Portal helps you monitor business processes and keep the system running smoothly. It includes dashboards for operations and data quality, as well as tools for managing and configuring patient consent, data filtering, and more. The Management Portal can be quickly accessed via single sign-on based on OAUTH2/OpenID Connect, resulting in secure, centralized management, less password fatigue, and fewer forgotten passwords.
Flexible Deployment Options
HealthShare Unified Care Record is the foundation of the HealthShare suite of connected health solutions. Delivered as a service offering, it can operate as the data aggregator for machine learning or your own solutions built on InterSystems IRIS for Health. It can be combined with HealthShare Health Insight, HealthShare Patient Index, HealthShare Care Community, HealthShare Provider Directory, or HealthShare Personal Community to advance your digital transformation strategy.
When you subscribe to HealthShare Unified Care Record Cloud InterSystems designs, hosts, and delivers the integration platform so you do not need to purchase, operate, secure, and maintain the infrastructure yourself. The Unified Care Record Cloud services include:
- All data center resources, including hosting, hardware, and network capacity needed to run the solution
- Ongoing maintenance of all solution components
- Customer-specific configuration and implementation services to bring the solution live, including building connections
- 24/7 support for the solution including real-time monitoring
- Seamless upgrades
- Sophisticated security and data protection programs
The Unified Care Record is also available on premises/private cloud.
Customer Support and Education
When you select HealthShare, you get more than technology. You also get our acclaimed customer support and extensive educational opportunities. Search for HealthShare education resources at Learning.InterSystems.com. Learn more about HealthShare and its family of products at InterSystems.com/HealthShare.
HL7 FHIR is the registered trademark of Health Level Seven International.