High Availability, High Performance Integration Engine
InterSystems HealthShare Health Connect is an integration engine that delivers high-volume transaction support, process management, and monitoring to support mission critical applications.
Health Connect delivers:
- Intuitive HL7® message transformation, routing, durable process orchestration, and workflow
- Support for high transaction volumes between systems that scales with the most demanding integration tasks
- A simple bridge from legacy protocols to new standards such as HL7 FHIR®
Reliability and Management
The Health Connect built-in data repository stores every message moving through integrated systems. The repository enables guaranteed message delivery and provides a complete audit trail of all messages for improved troubleshooting. InterSystems also delivers several options for high availability (HA) and disaster recovery, including clustering, virtualization HA, and an elegant, easy-to-implement technology for database mirroring.
Mission critical capabilities include:
- Mirroring with fast failover recovery, often in 30 seconds or less, critical for an always-on business.
- Visual diagnostics and auditing. Industry-leading message trace capabilities, a powerful test harness, and robust auditing facilitate the creation, debugging, and support of all your interfaces.
- Event detection, alerting, and monitoring to ensure that information continues to flow even when source systems pause or fail. Messages are never lost, and an interrupted business process can always restart from the point of interruption.
- Long-running, guaranteed business processes and coordinated human workflow.
At the heart of Health Connect is a high performance, multi-model data engine that seamlessly handles multiple forms of data at high speed. Health Connect easily scales from serving small clinics to handling the transaction volumes of the largest and most complex healthcare delivery systems in the world.
Interoperability – Standard by Design
Healthcare organizations worldwide use InterSystems products for interoperability and improved workflow across the care continuum. Our support for global and national standards and certifications is one reason for this success. As global healthcare information protocols and standards evolve or new ones emerge, InterSystems keeps pace with these changes so you can take advantage of them easily.
In addition to FHIR STU3 and DSTU2, Health Connect implements many IHE standards, and supports HL7 Version 2, HL7 Version 3, CDA® and CCD®, C-CDA®, DICOM, X12, ADHA (Australia), ASTM, DMP (France), EDIFACT, ITK (United Kingdom), and xDT (Germany).
You can use Health Connect’s pre-built data transformations to convert between most standard healthcare data formats. These transformations can be customized to address special cases, such as proprietary or legacy formats.
The depth of Health Connect’s standards support, and its ability to translate between health data representations — for example HL7 V2 and FHIR, or a non-standard format and FHIR — gives you unmatched interoperability power and flexibility.
InterSystems API Manager
InterSystems API Manager handles the entire application programming interface (API) life cycle. From planning and design, implementation and testing, deployment and operation, to versioning and retirement, InterSystems API Manager enables you to deliver business value, including monetization of API usage, faster while you focus on your core capabilities.
Key features include:
- Publishing: designed with the embedded administrator dashboard, a command line interface (CLI) or REST APIs. All of your APIs are discoverable.
- Developer Portal: APIs can be listed on a customizable portal/web marketplace which allows developers to sign-up, explore and subscribe to APIs. The system supports self-signup and multi-tenant environments.
- Traffic Control: allows administrators to manage, throttle, and restrict inbound and outbound API traffic.
- Analytics & Security: API publishers can monitor APIs and detect unusual activity. InterSystems API Manager supports TLS and SSL at the transport level, OAuth2 at the protocol level, and role based access control.
FHIR is the future of healthcare interoperability, and InterSystems is actively engaged in creating that future. Employee contributions at the HL7 board level, standards-committee participation, and investment in internal resources keeps InterSystems on the forefront of FHIR implementation.
Health Connect provides all the technology interface engineers need to handle FHIR requests as easily as they now work with HL7 V2 and integration flows. Health Connect includes a FHIR client, a FHIR message model, and translation between FHIR and other health information interchange standards, such as HL7 V2 and C-CDA.
Health Connect receives or sends FHIR resources via the FHIR RESTful API, in JSON or XML formats. This allows applications based on the latest technology to use FHIR data – new or mapped from legacy systems.
FHIR Support for Legacy Systems
Today, thousands of HL7 V2, HL7 CDA, and other integrations form the backbone of interoperability and workflows in healthcare. Health Connect is your bridge between these formats and the FHIR standard, transforming their data into a FHIR representation. Examples include:
- Transforming FHIR resources into a CDA document
- Sending portions of HL7 messages or CDA documents out as FHIR bundles
- Transforming between different FHIR versions
- New applications can access legacy data, and represent this data as FHIR messages, to expand their use for value-based care, quality improvement, and research.
Higher Productivity for Interface Engineers
Healthcare organizations may manage hundreds of different specialized applications, systems, and devices that must work together efficiently, securely, and without interruption. Health Connect provides features that make it easier for interface engineers to create, manage, and troubleshoot such systems, including:
- Drag-and-drop HL7 schema editing, data-mapping, business rule creation, and workflows
- Source control for HL7 schemas, including custom schemas
- Drag-and-drop managed file transfers using popular data storage services such as DropBox, Box, and kiteworks, or the dropping of files into other applications for processing
- DevOps-ready containerized deployment in public or private clouds
- A Java Business Host that runs Java apps as efficiently as native components within integrations and workflows
- Unit testing of routing rules and data transformations
- Smart search that reveals all locations in a production where a given component is used, and routes that a message can take
- Interface converters for legacy interface engines, such as eGate and Cloverleaf
A flexible, adaptable security model with enterprise-wide provisioning capabilities makes it easy to protect data both “at rest” and “in motion” across even the largest deployments, while minimizing the burden on application performance. Authenticate and authorize users via passwords, OAuth, two-factor authentication, and other means.
Customer Support and Education
When you select Health Connect, you get more than technology. You also get InterSystems acclaimed customer support and extensive educational opportunities. KLAS consistently rates Health Connect customer satisfaction among the best in the industry.