masthead-resources

Kimberly-ClarkWhen Kimberly-Clark Europe decided to directly manage its transportation logistics through a single service center, the company turned to OmPrompt to integrate the processes and data from its in-house logistics software system with the systems (electronic and paper-based) of more than 100 small and medium-sized carriers throughout Europe.

OmPrompt, based in Tewkesbury, England, is an Integration Service Provider formed in 2003 to address the short-comings of electronic data interchange (EDI) in supply chain applications. With only 30% of the potential market actually using EDI, OmPrompt saw a huge opportunity in making it viable for the other 70%.

Using Ensemble, OmPrompt developed a patented message analysis and classification technology and applied it to automated message mapping and any-to-any communication of business data. “With InterSystems as our partner, we’ve delivered a compelling integration solution,” says Brian Bolam, OmPrompt’s CEO. “Our innovation is to deliver on the promise of EDI without requiring that all parties be electronically enabled.”

Ensemble allowed us to develop a full and viable application when all our resources were constrained.

Brian Bolam, CEO
OmPrompt

Kimberly-Clark estimated that the integration work, if done in-house without OmPrompt’s solution, would have taken approximately 18 months. But the cost, in terms of human resources, time, and money, would have been too high. Using OmPrompt’s messaging services, Kimberly-Clark integrates carriers seven times faster than its previous approach – yielding huge cost savings and a dramatic increase in the efficiency of the organization.

“The high performance of Ensemble’s embedded database lets us store and retrieve data faster and more cost-effectively than we would have been able to do with other technology,” notes Bolam. “Given enough time, resources, and funding, we may have been able to do what we do in other environments. But Ensemble allowed us to develop a full and viable application when all our resources were constrained. We would have required approximately five times the resources to develop an equivalent solution in Java.”