Advisory: System Downtime Due to HealthShare Mirror Monitor Agent Configuration Step Duplication
This problem affects the following products:
- HealthShare Solutions products (Unified Care Record, Patient Index, Care Community, Provider Directory, Health Insight): 2022.2, 2023.1
- HealthShare Health Connect: 2022.3, 2023.1.0, 2023.1.1, 2023.1.2
- InterSystems IRIS for Health: 2022.3, 2023.1.0, 2023.1.1, 2023.1.2
On Nov 13, 2023, InterSystems released Risk & Safety Alert: HS2023-02 which includes alert item HS2023-02-05 with the title HealthShare Mirror Monitor Agent May Perform Undesirable Configuration Steps after Upgrade.
It has been determined that the defect discussed in HS2023-02-05 may cause a completely separate undesirable behavior in the form of unplanned system downtime caused by resource exhaustion due to duplicated configuration steps created by the HealthShare Mirror Monitor Agent. The system downtime behavior may affect both upgrading customers and new installations of the affected versions.
HealthShare Health Connect and InterSystems IRIS for Health customers are only affected by this defect if they mirror the HSSYS database.
Customers that have already requested the corrections for "HS2023-02-05" require no further action.
Customers running or planning to upgrade to the following product versions require no action:
- HealthShare Suite of products version 2023.2
- HealthShare Health Connect 2023.1.3
- HealthShare Health Connect 2023.3 or 2023.1.3
Affected HealthShare customers are encouraged to upgrade to HealthShare 2023.2 or contact the WRC to request an ad hoc patch for HSIEO-8820 (which also requires HSHC-3587).
Health Connect and IRIS for Health customers on affected versions who mirror the HSSYS database are encouraged to contact the WRC to request an ad hoc patch for HSIEO-8820 (which also requires HSHC-3587).
Reference Information: HSIEO-8820, HSHC-3587