Independent Survey Reveals Key Issues Facing Health IT Software Developers
InterSystems IRIS for Health™ — A Data Platform Built for Health IT
Healthcare is one of the most innovative areas in software development today. To understand this environment, InterSystems commissioned independent research among 200 healthcare software developers. The findings indicate that developers:
- Want a unified data platform built specifically for the demands of modern healthcare
- Have high demands for technical performance, scalability, and deployment options fit for their customers
- Need tools and solutions to implement open-source and proprietary technologies with high reliability
- Prefer support from a vendor with healthcare domain knowledge and the experience to keep mission critical applications running 24×7
A Unified Platform
Over 90% of the developers surveyed said they would be very or extremely interested in using a database platform that includes an interoperability/integration engine, analytics tools, healthcare-oriented natural language processing capabilities, machine learning tools, and a FHIR Server. InterSystems IRIS for Health includes these and other healthcare-specific features, such as:
- Deep support for HL7® FHIR®, HL7 V2 and other standards and protocols to ensure interoperability, while an extensible FHIR Server and comprehensive REST APIs enable modern healthcare application development
- InterSystems API Manager (IAM) for managing the full lifecycle of API traffic from a central spot
- An open analytics architecture that includes built-in capabilities, as well as the ability to incorporate your favorite analytics tools
- InterSystems IntegratedML, to simplify the creation and training of machine learning models
- Natural language processing and text exploration that enables you to gain insight from unstructured data
Proven Solutions Custom-Fit for Customers
Created by and for healthcare developers, InterSystems IRIS for Health delivers proven scalability, performance, and flexibility. Half of the developers surveyed view better scalability as important when choosing new software similar to what they already use. IRIS for Health provides:
- Data management that easily scales horizontally and vertically
- On premises, cloud, or hybrid deployment models
- A complete, cloud-first data platform that eliminates the need to integrate multiple technologies, resulting in solutions that require less code, fewer system resources, and less maintenance to deliver a higher return on investment
- InterSystems technology handles over 1 billion health records in 80 countries every day: no matter how big or small, the InterSystems IRIS for Health platform can meet your development needs
Highly Reliable Open Source and Proprietary Technologies
Clinical applications today must incorporate and share a rich mix of data in legacy formats as well as data in newer open-source standards. IRIS for Health leverages our leadership position in solutions based on open source standards such as HL7 V2, HL7® FHIR®, and X12, with support for languages such as Python, .NET, Java and others. This gives developers the freedom to choose open source or proprietary technology for application development and how data is accessed, stored, and shared.
Deep and Broad Healthcare Expertise and Experience
InterSystems works with you as you create and implement the next generation of healthcare solutions using our products. At the foundation of those solutions, InterSystems IRIS for Health is a proven data platform built with over 40 years of healthcare experience to meet your needs for interoperability, reliability, and ease of use.
- Our 24/7 support team partners with customers to address issues and will work until the customer deems them resolved.
- InterSystems is a Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Operational Database Management Systems and a Gartner Peer Insights Customer First vendor.
- InterSystems top priority is to support our customers. We are debt free and privately held to ensure that our focus remains on customers, not quarterly profits.
- 2 of the 3 major EHR products that Gartner calls “Global Solutions” run on InterSystems technology and all 20 institutions in the U.S. News & World Report 2020 Honor Roll of Best Hospitals use InterSystems products.
InterSystems IRIS for Health Solves the Key Problems Faced by Health IT Developers
Key Issue: Lack of a unified healthcare data platform
InterSystems IRIS for Health Solution: Simplified development with unified database, interoperability, ML and Healthcare-specific features available out of the box
Key Issue: Need for high performance solutions which can be custom fit for healthcare use cases
InterSystems IRIS for Health Solution: Created by and for healthcare developers, with needed performance, scalability, and flexibility
Key Issue: Lack of flexibility in open source and proprietary solutions that deliver high reliability for healthcare applications
InterSystems IRIS for Health Solution: Developers can choose their preferred development language and flexibility
Key Issue: Lack of vendors with healthcare domain expertise and who accompany developers with ongoing support
InterSystems IRIS for Health Solution: Product development capabilities and award-winning support ensure developers success