HealthShare Managed Connections:
Connect to All the Data Sources You Need, Without All the Time, Effort, and Cost
Today, most cross-organization data exchange connections, or interfaces, are one to one. Developing these connections takes time, talent, and money. Using an interface engine makes it easier but still, costs may rise steeply for creating, validating, monitoring, and maintaining connections as their number increases.
InterSystems HealthShare® Managed Connections offers you access to national networks as well as connections on demand – an easier, faster, less costly way to connect to the data sources you need.
A One-Stop Interoperability Hub
The HealthShare Managed Connections (HSMC) service is an offering based on the HealthShare interoperability platform. HSMC is a one-stop hub for connectivity to many organizations and different healthcare information systems. When you don’t want to spend the time and money to make these connections and manage it all yourself, use HSMC for:
- A single connection to national federated networks, such as CommonWell Health Alliance (CommonWell) and Carequality, regardless of how many EHRs you have
- Safe, secure connections to other data providers as they become partners in HSMC
- On-demand connections to organizations not yet connected to the HSMC hub
The Most Reliable, Most Widely Used Software Technology in the Industry
The InterSystems database and integration software of HSMC is among the most proven, highest performing, and most widely used in healthcare. Products incorporating this software, such as HealthShare Health Connect, have been at or near the top of analyst rankings for over a decade.
If there is a connection you need to develop, it’s likely we have done it before. For example, in the U.S. alone, InterSystems HealthShare is connected to:
- 26% of the hospitals, hosting 58% of the total beds in the country
- Nearly 2,300 EHRs and over 8,300 other clinical information systems
The Power of Connection, Multiplied
Through the HealthShare Managed Connections hub, any number of participants can exchange information in a safe, controlled, reliable, and efficient manner. CommonWell and Carequality alone give you access to data from thousands of care locations and providers, on millions of individuals. This data currently is for use in direct care of individual patients only. Unlike CommonWell and Carequality, HSMC offers new connections upon request.
Faster, Simplified Contracting
When it’s time for your first connection to the HSMC hub and its data services, you enter into a standard participation agreement with InterSystems. This agreement covers all subsequent connections to data sources. The organizations you want to connect to will have their own agreements with us. There’s no need to negotiate separate agreements with each source. When you need data from a new source (known as an HSMC “service”) you simply subscribe to that service through the hub.
You Know What You’re Getting
Each HSMC data service is defined by a specification detailing:
- What data is delivered
- How the data is processed
- The terms governing its use
All participants in the HealthShare Managed Connections hub, whether data provider or consumer, adhere to the same specification. Operationally, InterSystems is responsible for:
- Creating, managing, monitoring, and maintaining your connections
- Providing comprehensive security and data protection
- Giving your organization transparent access to operational metrics
- Connections to individual organizations and major networks
Worry-Free Operations – InterSystems Manages Hardware and Software Infrastructure
InterSystems eliminates the burden of purchasing and managing the infrastructure required for highly available solutions. As an InterSystems Managed Service, HSMC includes:
- Implementation on a highly secure, redundant architecture in dual data centers
- All data center resources, including hosting, hardware, and network capacity needed for optimal performance
- Extensive monitoring and alerting for high availability and performance
- A comprehensive physical and technical security program
- 24 x 7 technical support, based on ITIL practices, with a single point of contact
- A compliance program with regular audits focused on privacy, security, and data protection
- Ongoing maintenance of all solution components
- Sophisticated security and data protection programs with data segregation between clients
- Monthly operational reports
Do More with the Data, Using the Full Power of InterSystems HealthShare
If you already are an InterSystems customer using InterSystems HealthShare, HSMC provides an easy way to ensure that you have the most complete data for each patient. If you are not a current HealthShare customer, you can benefit from the power of the complete HealthShare product with an additional subscription to HealthShare Managed Solutions.
HealthShare Managed Solutions will aggregate, deduplicate, and normalize data from multiple sources that you designate. Clinical, payer, and social data, for example, can be aggregated, normalized, and then stored in a private HealthShare Unified Care Record. This clean data is then available for:
- Access of discrete data elements via HL7 FHIR for use in FHIR-based applications
- Viewing of all the data for each patient, thoughtfully organized, presented, and actionable using the HealthShare Clinical Viewer, seamlessly integrated into the clinical applications in your organization
- Merging directly into your EHR, as opposed to exposure in a separate “tab” for external data, to give clinicians easier access to a more complete picture of each patient
- On-demand analysis and reporting for clinical or operational purposes
- Use in population health initiatives, applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence, and clinical research
Take the Next Step
InterSystems is aiming to transform the world of healthcare information interoperability with the pre-built connectivity, faster onboarding, easier maintenance, higher availability, and lower costs of HealthShare Managed Connections. Built on the solid core of InterSystems interoperability and database technology, and with a wide network of partner organizations, HSMC can support your data needs on demand and at any scale.
To learn more, call us at: 617-621-0600, or visit InterSystems.com/contact for local office numbers or our contact form.