More Power, Less Effort, More Ways to Do Good with Clinical Data
Simplifying Data Sharing for Clinical Research and Healthcare Innovation
The clinical data inside your organization is a precious resource. InterSystems HealthShare Managed Connections gives you and the partners you choose a simpler, safer way to mine, share, and leverage it for clinical trials and research. InterSystems HealthShare® Managed Connections provides a single point of connection to any number of partners.
Freedom to Focus on What Matters Most
Managing data sharing agreements with multiple research partners is onerous and expensive. Subscribing to HealthShare Managed Connections enables your organization to opt-in to multiple research projects with a single agreement, and it relieves you from having to manage a separate infrastructure for clinical information sharing. You can focus on developing the appropriate research and business model for using your data to benefit your patients and facilitate innovation.
Subscribers to HealthShare Managed Connections can participate in a number of services including:
- Study Planning: Determining if your facilities host a sufficient number of patients to participate in a research project. Real-time access to the data enables determinations to adapt immediately if study eligibility criteria change.
- Patient Identification and Recruitment: Automate chart review and alert investigators and clinicians to the availability of a suitable clinical trial or research opportunity while they’re with eligible patients.
- Real-World Data and Analytics: Supplying real-world data that registries, pharmaceutical and medical device companies need for HEOR, evidence generation, market access, post-market surveillance and non-interventional research as a source for product and healthcare innovation.
You Keep Control
At the conceptual core of HealthShare Managed Connections is a strong data usage contracting model. Your life sciences partners are only allowed to use your patient information for the specific use cases you’ve agreed to. You continue to hold your data, not InterSystems. In most cases, only population-level aggregated data or de-identified patient information will be shared, based on the explicit agreement executed by both parties. With HealthShare Managed Connections data sharing is efficient, safe and entirely transparent.
HealthShare Managed Connections is a network with “low friction” based on a hub-and-spoke approach. Data suppliers and consumers can enter into a simple agreement to join the network and then opt into the services that have value for them.
The hub safeguards data and enables usage that is legally and ethically appropriate. A fundamental operating principle is that data suppliers maintain control of their data. Data is only provided via well-defined services, and only when both the supplier and data consumer opt into participation in a specific service. The data centers and technologies used to deliver services operate in accordance with regulatory requirements and make use of advanced security systems and practices.
The services of HealthShare Managed Connections are open to all qualified participants. They are not tied to any particular electronic health record (EHR), customer base, or industry domain. And everyone involved in a project – information providers and users – signs the same service specification, so there is full transparency in the relationship.
More Power for Good, More Value for All
InterSystems has been a leader in healthcare information technology for over forty-two years. More than 1 billion health records worldwide are managed using our technology, giving us a deep understanding of healthcare data and data sharing. With HealthShare Managed Connections, you benefit from that experience and those relationships to participate more easily and extensively in clinical research and innovation. Your organization and experience become more visible to others in the community. And everyone derives more value from your clinical data.
1. Active studies recruiting, enrolling by invitation, interventional, US. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2020.
2. The Need for Awareness of Clinical Research. NIH.gov. 2016. www.nih.gov/health-information/nih-clinical-research-trials-you/need-awareness-clinical-research
3. Patients Recruitment Forecast in Clinical Trials. Cognizant. 2015.
4. Impact Report | Analysis and Insight into Critical Drug Development Issues. Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development. 2013. Vol 15:1