Harnessing Data and Analytics to Improve Operations and Reduce Costs in the Mining Industry
According to the World Economic Forum¹, digital transformation initiatives in the mining industry will generate:
- More than $320 billion of industry value over the next decade, equivalent to 7% of industry revenue and 9% of industry profit.
- A reduction of 610 million tons of CO2 emissions with an estimated value to society and the environment of $30 billion.
- An improvement in safety, with a 10% decrease in lives lost and a 20% decrease in injuries.
How InterSystems IRIS Empowers Big Data Analytics in the Mining Industry
InterSystems IRIS for Mining Operations is next-generation digital transformation software for mining operators that works seamlessly with your existing machinery and software applications to:
- Connect, integrate, and transform data and real-time signals from existing equipment and applications to provide an accurate, consistent, and real-time view across silos with customizable and interactive dashboards.
- Deliver real-time, customizable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and real-time alerts as data levels and KPIs approach pre-defined thresholds.
- Perform a wide range of analytics, including business intelligence, predictive analytics, machine learning, and more, with high performance data management and analytics capabilities and access to any and all production data.
“With InterSystems IRIS, we are able to further improve and scale our digital mining solutions, enhancing interoperability processes with analytics, security and governance, generating solutions of greater scope and impact, and enabling mining operators to become more agile and efficient, reduce costs, improve safety, and increase profitability.”