The Caché Professional Certification Program ensures a level of competence in either Caché Application Development or Caché Systems Administration.
Caché Professional Certification is based on a standardized measurement of skills, knowledge, and applied experience with Caché.
Certification is offered in two major disciplines: administrator and application developer. The table below summarizes each discipline.
|Certificate of Competency||Best Suited For:||# of Exams||Recommended courses & Required Certification|
|Caché Systems Administrator||Systems Administrators, DBAs, IT Managers||5||Caché System Management|
|Caché Application Developer||Developers||3||Caché Foundations|
To achieve certification in a specific discipline, a passing grade must be attained in a specified number of exam modules. Each exam module measures competency in a specific topic, such as Caché Server Pages. Each of the online exams has a 45 minute time limit.
Each online exam costs $125. Exams can be re-taken as needed. The exam fee applies each time a user takes the exam.
Caché Systems Administrator certification exam modules
- Configuration: includes capacity planning, environment staging, security, resiliency, and recoverability.
- Operations: includes the production monitoring tasks that a System Administrator is expected to perform daily.
- Backup & Restore: includes best practices to ensure uptime and recoverability, journaling, shadowing, and integration with third-party backup tools.
- Database Structure: includes globals, storage structures, integrity mechanisms, and basic recovery techniques.
- Security: includes authorization, authentication, application security, services, and resources.
Caché Application Developer certification exam modules
- Caché ObjectScript: includes comprehensive use of commands, functions, procedures, variable scoping, and locking semantics.
- Objects: includes classes, properties, methods, instantiation, inheritance, packages, and application deployment.
- Dual Architecture: includes Caché SQL and how it interacts with the development environment.
- Certificates are valid for two years from the date of achievement. Certification can be renewed by successfully completing a refresher exam, which includes a comprehensive selection of multiple-choice questions on new features and practices.
- Certification is applied to a named person and is not transferable.
- Certification can be withdrawn, at the sole discretion of InterSystems, without advanced notice. This may occur if the person certified violates agreements with InterSystems or causes harm to a licensee of Caché.
- Exam fees are non-refundable.