HL7 Messaging with Ensemble
Complete more projects, faster. Manage them more easily.
Healthcare organizations worldwide use InterSystems’ technology to seamlessly integrate information inside and outside the hospital while streamlining clinical and administrative business processes.
With Ensemble and HealthShare, you can develop HL7 interfaces nearly three times faster than with competing products. In addition, our products combine HL7 messaging with support for additional messaging protocols, such as X12 and SOAP, and advanced integration, development, and management capabilities that enable you to create connected healthcare environments.
InterSystems’ HL7 messaging and interfacing technology provides:
- Support for HL7 version 2.X and 3
- Pre-configured, customizable HL7 message router and HL7 version 2.X schemas to get you started quickly
- An embedded database that persists messages and guarantees message delivery
- Event driven, publish/subscribe, and content-based routing
- Graphical editor for transforming messages and data
- Rules engine that enables changes to running HL7 interfaces without programming
- Testing service for validating interface components
- Visual Trace, graphically showing message paths and content, for easier troubleshooting
- Message searching and re-send, with search by interface, date/time, message type, and content
- Operations monitoring with a single view into the status of inbound and outbound messages, message queue counts, and events
- Dynamic alert routing and delivery
- HL7 Sequence Manager to ensure that messages are routed in the sequence established by the sender
Health Level Seven (HL7) was developed as a standard language for the sharing and integration of electronic health information. Hospitals and healthcare providers use HL7 messages to transmit data between disparate healthcare applications in a rapid and reliable manner.
HL7 messages are composed of a defined set of segments that are generated and sent from one healthcare application to another in response to a specific event (such as a patient admission to the hospital).
HL7 messages are used to share health information in the general areas of:
- Patient demographics
- Patient charges and accounting
- Patient insurance and guarantor
- Clinical observations
- Encounters including registration, admission, discharge and transfer
- Orders for clinical service (tests, procedures, pharmacy, dietary and supplies)
- Observation reporting including test results
- The synchronization of master files between systems
- Medical records document management
- Scheduling of patient appointments and resources
- Patient referrals—specifically messages for primary care referral
- Patient care and problem-oriented records