3 days, Available on-site only
This healthcare-focused three-day course teaches implementation partners, integrators and analysts how to build HL7 integration solutions. Students build a production that processes and routes HL7 messages. Students learn how to work with the pre-built HL7 business services, business processes and business operations to receive and send HL7 messages. Students also learn how to transform HL7 messages using graphical tools in the Management Portal.
This course is applicable for users of Ensemble and HealthShare.
Developing custom business services, business processes, and business operations is not addressed in this course. If you need to create custom business services, business processes, and business operations, refer to the Developing Healthcare Integrations course. This course does not include specific modules on managing productions. If this is a large part of what you need, refer to the Building and Managing HL7 Integrations course.
There are no prerequisites but basic HL7 knowledge is helpful.
Online resources that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required include:
- Basic functionality
- Business Processing Models
- Integration Engine
- Overview of business services, business processes, business operations
- Using the Management Portal
- HL7 I/O
- HL7 messaging
- Virtual document structure
- Pre-built HL7 business services and business operations
- Use of pre-built HL7 adapters
- HL7 Message Routers
- Rule creation
- Destination routing
- HL7 Data Transformations
- Data Transformation Language (DTL)
- Utility functions
- Lookup Tables
- Code blocks
- For Each loops
- Custom Schemas
- Searching Messages
- Searching messages
- Resending messages
- Search Tables
- Setting up alerts
- Handling messages that fail validation
This course is not offered in Cambridge. Available for your site.
Rescheduling and Cancellation
- Rescheduling training is permitted, subject to instructor availability, at the quoted price, up to two weeks prior to the original confirmed dates.
- Cancellations are permitted up to two weeks prior to the confirmed dates.
- Rescheduling or canceling training within two weeks of the confirmed dates will result in InterSystems billing the client for the original quoted price and recording this as a credit towards a future training. The client is also responsible for any airline and hotel change or cancellation fees incurred by the instructor.
If the same instructor is delivering more than 5 consecutive days of training, the instructor has the option of:
- Returning home for the weekend (the client is responsible for transportation costs), or
- Staying at the client site (the client is responsible for hotel and food costs).