Transforming Supply Chain Management for UST with Improved Orchestration and Real-Time Decision Intelligence
Supply chain management is a complex task that involves coordinating multiple processes and stakeholders across the entire supply chain. This disruptive environment requires a more holistic view of the supply chain—one that leverages predictive and prescriptive insights, addresses risk across 40,000+ touchpoints, and captures millions to billions of data points to create a “risk chain.” According to Gartner research, enabled customers are 2x as likely to repurchase, but only 23% of supply chains focus on enabling their customers.
With increased volatility and uncertainty in the global market, it has become crucial for companies to have a robust supply chain orchestration system in place in order to predict and mitigate disruptions in real-time.
InterSystems Supply Chain Orchestrator™ transforms traditional supply chain management
InterSystems state-of-the-art technology enables supply chains to differentiate the customer experience and improve resilience. InterSystems Supply Chain OrchestratorTM offers three capabilities to supply chain customers that includes: 1) enhanced orchestration for end-to-end visibility and improved insights, 2) embedded AI/ML techniques that improve demand sensing and forecasting through near-real time detection of supply chain trends, and 3) prescriptive insights that optimize fulfillment through adapting to order changes, supplier availability issues, and demand spikes.
Supply Chain Orchestrator offers out-of-the-box functionality that allows for fast proof-of-value, helping organizations achieve significant value in just six to eight weeks. The data platform can be used as the foundation for a smart data fabric to allow organizations to quickly adapt to supply chain dynamics and continuously changing scenarios -- optimizing productivity, forecast accuracy, on-shelf availability (OSA), and near-perfect on-time-in-full (OTIF) performance.
Features addressing the dynamic and evolving needs of supply chain environments:
- Enhanced supply chain orchestration: The growing amount of data generated from various sources demands a system that can process and analyze the data in real-time. Supply Chain Orchestrator integrates and analyzes data from disparate sources to provide a consolidated view of the supply chain, enabling faster decision-making.
- Improved demand sensing and forecasting: Embedded AI/ML techniques optimize demand sensing and forecasting by detecting current short-term supply chain trends in near real time with data that is harmonized and normalized. Applications can be quickly optimized for improved inventory allocation and on-shelf availability, and increased forecast accuracy. A single source of data improves accuracy and reliability of insights derived from data and information culled across different sources.
- Optimized fulfillment: With intelligent automation and early warning systems, the solution can detect disruptions before they occur and provide prescriptive insights to help businesses adapt to order changes, supplier availability issues, and demand spikes for competitive advantage.
UST Achieves Faster Development and Time to Production with Supply Chain Optimization as a Service
UST, a leading digital transformation solutions company, has integrated Optum with Supply Chain Orchestrator to achieve enhanced supply chain orchestration and gain end-to-end visibility. By leveraging InterSystems technology, UST simplifies and standardizes the core platform while driving innovation at the edges, enabling the digital enterprise.
The use of industry-standard optimization solutions on a state-of-the-art data platform enables UST to develop and deploy faster while achieving implementation and maintenance costs at a fraction of the cost. With UST Optum's integration of Supply Chain Orchestrator and the SAP ERP backend via SAP Business Technology Platform, customers can benefit from outcome-based Optimization as-a-Service.
Outcome-based Optimization as-a-Service ensures high service levels at lower costs:
- Informed decision making with simulation-based modeling and analytics – Supply chain leaders can make informed decisions with greater certainty and clarity based on improved accuracy and reliability of output from UST Optum, achieved through simulation-based modeling and advanced analytics.
- Optimized fulfillment by ensuring the right fulfillment at the right time -- UST Optum ensures that service levels are exceeded at lower costs, removing hesitations with reducing inventory that can impact customer service and turnover.
- Improved inventory turns by 28 percent on average* -- Multi echelon optimization can improve inventory turns by 28 percent on average* by optimizing individual nodes, expecting local optima to be sufficient for realizing gains.
- Real time modeling of scenarios – The UST Optum optimization engine ensures scenarios are modeled in real time, removing computationally intensive barriers created by basic tools.
Supply Chain Orchestrator can manage supply chain constraints with prescriptive insights from “first mile” through “last mile” by providing early warning to disruptions with intelligent automation that enables real-time execution of decisions across the operational landscape.
Learn more at the Gartner Supply Chain Symposium/Xpo™ 2023 Conference
InterSystems and UST will be speaking at the Gartner Supply Chain Symposium/Xpo™ 2023 Conference on May 8 - 10, 2023, in Orlando, Fl
Tuesday, May 09, 2023 / 01:05 PM - 01:25 PM EDT
InterSystems: Smart Data Fabrics - The Connective Tissue Delivering Real-Time Decision Intelligence
Mark Holmes, Senior Advisor for Global Supply Chain, InterSystems
As we move from a linear supply chain model to a more dynamic, digital, and collaborative model, shouldn’t your data framework act in the same way? This presentation will discuss how a smart data fabric can manage supply chain constraints with prescriptive insights from “first mile” through “last mile” by providing early warning to disruptions with intelligent automation that enables real-time execution of decisions across the operational landscape. We will also highlight several real-world use cases that demonstrate the benefits of using a modern, next generation data platform.
Tuesday, May 09, 2023 / 03:00 PM - 03:30 PM EDT
InterSystems: Learn How UST Delivers Supply Chain Optimization as a Service
Speakers: Chris Botha, Sr. VP, Enterprise Applications, UST
Mark Holmes, Senior Advisor for Global Supply Chain, InterSystems
Description: In this session, learn best practices in extracting an unconstrained production plan, leveraging industry standard algorithms/ solvers to deliver a constrained and optimized plan, interface the results back into SAP and delivering supply chain optimization results as-a-service. UST and InterSystems will share how they have partnered to develop an optimization engine and service offering to enable significantly optimized results with accelerated time to value for ideal use cases such as production sequencing, line scheduling and WIP inventory optimization.
*Source: Multiple benchmark studies and industry reports