InterSystems IRIS, Ensemble, HealthShare, Caché, HL7, DTL, Integration Engine, Interoperability, EAI
5 days, $2,800
This healthcare-focused five-day course teaches implementation partners, integrators and analysts how to rapidly build HL7 integration solutions. Students build a production that processes and routes HL7 messages.
Students learn how to work with the pre-built HL7 business services, business processes and business operations to receive and send HL7 messages. Students also learn how to transform HL7 messages using graphical tools in the Management Portal.
This course teaches students how to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot Productions. Students also learn how to use the Management Portal for viewing, searching, and resending messages.
This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS for Health, Ensemble, and HealthShare.
Developing custom business services, business processes, and business operations and using InterSystems Objects are discussed only at a high level in this course. The Developing Healthcare Integrations course covers these topics in detail.
To learn how to manage your system other than at the Production level, refer to the Managing InterSystems Servers course.
There are no prerequisites but basic HL7 knowledge is helpful.
Preparing for Class
Online resources that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required include:
- Basic functionality
- Business Processing Models
- Overview of business services, business processes, business operations
- Using the Management Portal
- HL7 messaging
- Virtual document structure
- Pre-built HL7 business services and business operations
- Use of pre-built HL7 adapters
- Rule creation
- Destination routing
- Data Transformation Language (DTL)
- Utility functions
- Lookup Tables
- Code blocks
- For Each loops
- Searching messages
- Resending messages
- Search Tables
- Handling ACKs and NACKs
- Viewing ACKs and NACKs
- Overview of using custom business services, business processes, business operations
- Demonstrations of implementations
- Management Portal
- Namespaces and Databases
- Users and roles
- Setting up alerts
- Handling messages that fail validation
- Starting, stopping and updating productions
- Suspended productions
- Configuration default settings
- Exporting productions
- Management Portal pages used for monitoring
- Enterprise Tools overview
- Resending messages
- Suspending messages
- Purging data
- Archiving messages
- Scheduling business components
- Automating tasks
InterSystems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. We will usually cancel a class if there are fewer than five registrants. In the event of cancellation by InterSystems, we will refund any payment made for the canceled course.
Tuition is fully refundable if a registrant notifies InterSystems at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. For cancellation received afterward, we will provide a credit toward a future class.