Create custom interfaces and HL7® V2 interfaces using InterSystems integration technologies
HL7® Training included
This healthcare-focused 5-day course teaches implementation partners, integrators, developers, and analysts how to rapidly build healthcare integration solutions. Students build a healthcare Production that processes and routes non-HL7 data as well as HL7 messages.
They create business services, business processes, business operations, and messages in addition to using pre-built HL7 components to receive and send HL7 messages. Students also learn how to transform HL7 messages.
Students build and configure the healthcare Production using InterSystems® Objects, graphical tools in the Management Portal, Business Process Language (BPL), the adapter library, and an IDE.
This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS for Health™, InterSystems Ensemble®, and HealthShare®.
You are required to have the following knowledge/experience prior to attending this course:
- InterSystems Objects programming experience
See the Achieving Prerequisites section if you do not fulfill these requirements.
If you do not have previous experience with InterSystems Objects programming, attend the
Developing with InterSystems Objects and SQL course or complete the following online courses:
- InterSystems IRIS Objects Introduction
- Creating an InterSystems Class Definition
- InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
Preparing for Class
Online courses that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required include:
- Basic functionality
- Business Processing Models
- Business services, business processes, business operations
- Message types
- Development strategy
- Outbound adapters
- Business Process Language (BPL)
- BPL graphical editor
- Inbound adapters
- Direct invocation
- HL7 messaging
- Virtual document structure
- Pre-built HL7 business services and business operations
- Use of pre-built HL7 adapters
- Rule creation
- Destination routing
- Data Transformation Language (DTL)
- Utility functions
- Lookup Tables
- Code blocks
- For Each loops
Rescheduling and Cancellation
- Rescheduling training is permitted, subject to instructor availability, at the quoted price, up to two weeks prior to the original confirmed dates.
- Cancellations are permitted up to two weeks prior to the confirmed dates.
- Rescheduling or canceling training within two weeks of the confirmed dates will result in InterSystems billing the client for the original quoted price and recording this as a credit towards a future training.