Echevarne Labs, Spain – Dr. Echevarne Analytic Laboratories (Echevarne), based in Barcelona, Spain operates 45 laboratories employing 800 people, and each year receives approximately 2 million orders and performs more than 20 million individual tests. Close attention to the needs of its customers has helped Echevarne grow into one of Europe’s premier labs, serving the healthcare and veterinary medicine industries, as well as supporting pharmaceutical companies engaged in clinical trials. Echevarne has been awarded ISO 9001-2000, ISO 17025, GLP, GCP, and GMP certifications, and is now preparing ISO 15189.
“With our organization growing so quickly, we couldn’t modify our existing system fast enough to support the new types of tests we needed to perform, or new methods of results delivery,” says Beatriz Fernández Forner, Technical Director, Echevarne Labs. Echevarne needed a new system with the performance, reliability, scalability, and flexibility to support the current state of its business and its rapid growth. To better handle its wide and growing range of test types, and the sheer volume of samples and tests, Echevarne replaced its older laboratory information system with InterSystems TrakCare Lab™.
In my mind, two main benefits of our switch to TrakCare Lab stand out. First is the higher level of accuracy and patient safety we’ve achieved, and second is the high performance that’s enabled us to expand our range of tests and deliver results even faster than before.
Beatriz Fernández Forner,
Technical Director, Echevarne Labs
- Improved test accuracy
- Rapid access to lab results
- Increased performance and flexibility
The switch to TrakCare Lab has given Echevarne the accurate sample control and fast turnaround time on tests that it needed, and also has helped it:
- Support rapid growth in the number and type of tests it performs
- Provide secure online results viewing for physicians and patients
- Record a complete audit trail for every step in the process, from receiving a sample to delivering results
- Ensure accuracy of tests by using TrakCare verification queues
- Improve lab information system performance, reliability, and scalability
- Gain tighter overall control of the business
- Achieve revenue goals with the implementation of additional TrakCare Lab functionality for blood bank, specimen storage, and quality control
“In my mind, two main benefits of our switch to TrakCare Lab stand out,” says Fernández. “First is the higher level of accuracy and patient safety we’ve achieved, and second is the high performance that’s enabled us to expand our range of tests and deliver results even faster than before.”
TrakCare not offered in the United States.