5 days, $2800/student
This five-day course teaches developers and business intelligence users how to embed real-time analytics capabilities in their applications. The course presents the basics of building data models from transactional data using the Architect, exploring those models and building pivot tables and charts using the Analyzer, as well as creating dashboards for presenting pivot tables, meters, and other interactive widgets. The course also covers securing models, tools and elements (dashboards, pivot tables, etc.) using the InterSystems security infrastructure. Additionally, the course presents topics such as customizing the User Portal, troubleshooting and deployment.
This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and DeepSee.
No prior analytics or business intelligence experience is required.
- Active Analytics
- Architecture and Tools
- Enabling for a Namespace
- Orientation to the Analyzer
- Dimensions, Measures, and Filters
- Creating Pivot Tables
- Using Drilldowns and Listings
- Filtering and Formatting
- Creating and Using Calculated Members
- Dashboards and User Portal
- Orientation to the Dashboard Editor
- Creating Dashboards
- Adding Tables, Charts, Scorecards, and Meters
- Adding User Interactivity: Filters, Listings, Actions
- Formatting and customizing dashboards
- Customizing the User Portal
- Orientation to the Architect
- Defining Cubes: Dimensions, Measures, Listings
- Defining Subject Areas
- Creating Cube Relationships
- Using Cube Versions
- Synchronizing Cubes
- Options for keeping cube data current
- Synchronization mechanisms
- Cube Manager
- Using Unstructured Data in Cubes
- Orientation to the Domain Architect
- Semantic analysis
- Querying semantic analysis results
- Applying Matching Dictionaries
- Incorporating semantic analysis results in Cubes
- Building and testing a KPI
- Displaying KPI data on dashboards
- Defining filters for KPI data
- Defining custom dashboard actions in KPIs
- Security overview
- Securing Tools: Analyzer, Architect, User Portal
- Securing Elements: Dashboards, pivots, cubes, etc.
- Additional Features
- Caching query results
- Using multiple processes
- Global Mappings
- Troubleshooting cube builds and synchronizations
- Troubleshooting query performance
- Packaging Dashboards and Pivot Tables for deployment
Courses are held at our corporate office located at:
One Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02142 USA
Please check in at our reception desk after 8:30am with a picture ID.
Classes begin at 9am and run until 5pm.
A continental breakfast will be provided.
InterSystems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. We will usually cancel a class if there are fewer than five registrants. In the event of cancellation by InterSystems, we will refund any payment made for the canceled course.
Tuition is fully refundable if a registrant notifies InterSystems at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. For cancellation received afterward, we will provide a credit toward a future class.