Learn to configure, manage, and monitor system operations through the lifecycle of InterSystems Data Platform technology
This 3-day course teaches system and database administrators the essential information necessary to configure the InterSystems® server data platform, perform regular database tasks such as backups, monitor and troubleshoot at the database level, and control database user access.
Some administrators may want to consider the five-day Managing InterSystems Servers course that includes the topics of the Essentials course in greater detail as well as certain topics not covered, such as encryption and distributed caching.
This course is applicable to both InterSystems IRIS® and InterSystems Caché®. Although most course content is platform independent, students complete the exercises using Windows.
There are no prerequisites for Managing InterSystems Servers Essentials.
Preparing for Class
Online courses that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required are:
- Overview of the results of installing InterSystems IRIS or Caché
- Licensing Basics
- Memory allocations
- Creating Namespaces and Databases
- Global, Routine and Package Mappings
- Configuration Files
- Write Image Journaling
- Journal Files
- Integrity Checks
- Database Free Space and Expansion
- Task Scheduler
- Managing Processes
- Performance Statistics
- Monitoring and alerting
- System Logs
- Diagnostic Report
- System Hang
- Process Problems
- Auditing Overview
- Authentication Overview
- Authorization Overview
- Creating Users and Roles
Rescheduling and Cancellation
- Rescheduling training is permitted, subject to instructor availability, at the quoted price, up to two weeks prior to the original confirmed dates.
- Cancellations are permitted up to two weeks prior to the confirmed dates.
- Rescheduling or canceling training within two weeks of the confirmed dates will result in InterSystems billing the client for the original quoted price and recording this as a credit towards a future training.