TrakCare provides a comprehensive set of clinical, administrative, and departmental modules, providing a unified record for each patient, with advanced functionality to serve the needs of diverse care settings.
Core within TrakCare
- Electronic Patient Record (EPR) captures the continuum of clinical and administrative information about a patient and is provided with every TrakCare implementation. The EPR contains patient demographics, medical history, previous admission, surgery and obstetric information. The medical history includes allergies, disease, family and social history. The EPR is automatically populated by relevant data entered in any available TrakCare module or from integrated legacy healthcare applications. The type of data available will depend on the information sources connected, but may include laboratory and medical imaging orders and results, prescribed medications and discharge summaries.
- Master Patient Index (MPI) enables healthcare organizations to record an extensive range of socio-demographic and essential medical information about a patient. A single record of all registered patients is created wherein each patient is uniquely identified allowing information to be efficiently organized, patients to be tracked across the organization and information to be easily extracted from records when needed. The MPI underpins the TrakCare patient-centric Electronic Patient Record (EPR) and is an integral part of each TrakCare module.
- TrakCare PAS (Patient Administration System) Foundation provides core administrative patient management for inpatient, outpatient and emergency populations. It includes: admit, discharge and transfer; bed and ward management; medical records management with requesting, tracking, coding and grouping; and administrative EPR with allergies and alerts, diagnosis entry, episode list, order history, and patient history.
- TrakCare CIS (Clinical Information System) Foundation delivers the core clinical functionality required for patient management. It includes: result entry, communications, and history; observations and graphing; consultations and care planning; clinician workbenches for doctors, nurses, and tasks; and clinical EPR with allergies and alerts, clinical summary history, diagnosis entry, episode list, and patient/clinical notes.
- TrakCare Community Health gives healthcare professionals the tools needed to provide community-based patients/clients with the same high quality of care they would receive if admitted to a hospital or when cared for anywhere else. It provides secure access to information from the patient’s journey across the entire continuum of care, in one single electronic patient record and manages the unique needs of care and service delivery in a diverse range of community settings such as the patient’s home, clinics, schools, commercial spaces, and even call centers. The daily planning for staff and resources and the recording of administrative and clinical details related to the patient/client are easily accommodated including medical history, alerts, referral information, appointment bookings, assessments, and creating new care plans. TrakCare Community Health can also be used as a stand-alone application.
- TrakCare Lab Enterprise is the world’s first Laboratory Business Management System, designed to manage the lab as an agile, knowledge-driven business in an increasingly interconnected world. While providing all of the capabilities that you’d expect in a traditional system, it offers advanced functionality to enable breakthroughs in distributed sample processing, accountability and process improvement, efficiency through automation, patient-centric care, and quality assurance. Embedded analytics provide actionable insights into operational drivers affecting performance and efficiency. TrakCare Lab Enterprise can also be deployed as a stand-alone application.
- TrakCare Emergency Department facilitates efficient triage and treatment of patients during an emergency attendance. It performs registration, movement and capture of care interventions and ensures coordination and efficient management of emergency rooms, resources, and clinical staff. TrakCare Emergency Department can also be used as a stand-alone application.
- TrakCare Maternity dynamically records administrative and clinical data during the antenatal, intra-partum, and postnatal periods of a pregnancy. A complete obstetric history, including planning and monitoring of care for both the mother and the baby, is facilitated with antenatal appointments as well as post-birth community interactions including discharge support, baby clinic, and vaccination services.
- TrakCare Radiology streamlines the work processes of a medical imaging department, allowing for easy and efficient order placement, authorization, and scheduling. It also provides pre- and post-examination data capture, dictation, transcription, and result verification.
- TrakCare Operating Theater facilitates the coordination and management of theaters, resources, and clinical staff including booking management, surgical staff preferences, and anesthetic and operation details.
- TrakCare Pharmacy supports the dispensing and clinical activities of non-retail pharmacy departments within hospitals. It manages prescription/medication review, controlled drugs, patient counseling, drug manufacture and dispensing to meet clinical intent. Workflows for Accepting, Substituting, Rejecting, Packing, Collecting, Returning, Checking, and Disposing of medications and prescriptions are provided. Pharmacy also enables formulary management and pharmacy stock control. Pharmacy links to other TrakCare modules so patient data, both administrative and clinical, can be viewed and assessed by pharmacy staff in the same way that other clinicians see it. A full range of decision support is available.
- TrakCare Billing enables staff to coordinate and manage bills for different patient types including inpatient, same-day patient, outpatient, and emergency, as well as for services such as allied health, community, radiology, and dental.
- TrakCare Active Decision Support provides a fully integrated decision engine for creating user-defined targeted rules that drive decision support actions within TrakCare.
- TrakCare Prescribing brings together patient data and decision support capabilities to enable safe and efficient electronic prescribing. Extensive alerts and other checks help to avoid medication errors and duplications. The use of order favorites and default prescription details makes the process fast.
- TrakCare Medication Administration provides the ability to safely and efficiently manage the administration of prescribed medications to patients. It makes available information and tools to assist care providers in identifying patients due for medications and helps ensure the correct medication is given to the right patient at the right time and in the right dose and route. Medication Administration enables accurate documentation of the administration in the patient’s electronic medical record so it is easily accessible to all those involved with the patients care.
- TrakCare Mental Health Administration provides clinical and administrative functionality to record, track, manage, and keep a history of a patient’s legal status including recording detainment for assessment and/or treatment, consent status, forms and reviews specific to government regulations.
- TrakCare Discharge Summary simplifies the process of providing relevant clinical information for the continuation of care as patients transition from one provider or care setting to another. It provides rich flexibility for configuring content and format, and supports a wide array of options for automated or manual distribution. Clinical summaries can be used for discharge as well as referrals.
- TrakCare Ordering provides an efficient and safe mechanism for ordering diagnostic tests, treatments, and other services. Items can be ordered individually or in predefined sets and frequently requested items can be identified as favorites for quick selection. Configurable alerts and security settings are used to protect patient safety and ensure that required data is captured in the most efficient manner. Orders can be automatically distributed to processing or receiving locations using configurable rules.
- TrakCare Referral and Waiting List Management is used to create, receive, review and process electronic and paper-based referrals from external and internal sources. Referrals can be rejected or accepted, and prioritized onto waiting lists or by booking outpatient appointments or inpatient admissions. A patient’s waiting list, recall entry, and any appointments or services generated from a referral can be linked using a unique referral pathway identifier.
- TrakCare Encounter Record facilitates contextual clinical documentation through a powerful yet simple user interface that is organized around the interaction of a clinician with a patient during an encounter. The Encounter Record presents a problem-oriented and timeline-based view that leverages advanced terminology and natural language capabilities.
- TrakCare Mobile provides optimized access from a variety of mobile devices to key TrakCare functionality, including the ability to enter or view clinical notes, diagnoses, vital signs, orders, images, results, and other patient data.
- TrakCare Extended Analytics provides real-time access to management and performance information through reports, graphs, and dashboards. Based on InterSystems DeepSee technology that makes it possible to embed real-time active analytics capabilities in transactional applications, TrakCare Extended Analytics includes predefined data models and key performance indicators for clinical and administrative data throughout the TrakCare system.
- TrakCare EPR Connectivity is used to connect third-party Hospital Information Systems, Clinical Information Systems, Patient Administration Systems, or other information systems to TrakCare. EPR Connectivity includes a base component as well as a per-interface component for each connected application. EPR Connectivity includes the full range of TrakCare HL7 message types.
- TrakCare Lab External Ordering/Results enables external users to order laboratory tests and view results via a simple Web interface.