Impact Statement EU Exit for United Kingdom
As an organisation doing business in the United Kingdom, InterSystems has undertaken an internal review to determine what impact the EU Exit for the United Kingdom, including the circumstances under the current UK/EU trade deal, means for our business obligations to our customers that are in the United Kingdom or in the EU and or serviced from the United Kingdom.
This review addressed matters including:
- Availability and level held of equipment necessary for business operations
- Import logistics, including management of customs requirements for bringing equipment into/out of the UK
- Reliance on subcontractors, partners, or group companies located outside of the UK, including in the EU
- Ability to provide product, service, and support from the UK to the EU
- Data protection issues, including any GDPR / UK adequacy status decision
- Business continuity plan evaluations
At this time, InterSystems does not anticipate any material impact with regard to our business obligations now that the United Kingdom has withdrawn from the European Union under the current trade deal. Presently, we are able to meet our contractual commitments in light of the EU Exit and we do not anticipate substantial changes or variations to contract terms or specifications as a direct result of the EU Exit.
We will continue to monitor the situation and, should the need arise, with the cooperation of our customers, we will put in place mitigation plans to minimise or avoid the impact to products or services.