InterSystems IRIS, DeepSee, Caché, Dashboards, Business Analytics, Real-Time Business Intelligence, KPI, Security, Data Models
Register for a Course
In-person classroom: $2,100/student (a 33% discount!)
Virtual classroom: $3,100/student
Request Private Training
In-person private classroom: $14,000/class (an 18% discount!)
Virtual private classroom: $17,000/class
This five-day course teaches developers and business intelligence users how to embed real-time analytics capabilities in their applications using InterSystems IRIS Business Intelligence.
The course presents the basics of building data models from transactional data using the Architect, exploring those models and building pivot tables and charts using the Analyzer, as well as creating dashboards for presenting pivot tables, meters, and other interactive widgets.
The course also covers securing models, tools and elements (dashboards, pivot tables, etc.) using the InterSystems security infrastructure. Additionally, the course presents topics such as customizing the User Portal, troubleshooting and deployment.
This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and DeepSee.
No prior analytics or business intelligence experience is required.
Preparing for Class
Online videos that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required include:
- Active Analytics
- Architecture and Tools
- Enabling for a Namespace
- Orientation to the Analyzer
- Dimensions, Measures, and Filters
- Creating Pivot Tables
- Using Drilldowns and Listings
- Filtering and Formatting
- Creating and Using Calculated Members
- Orientation to the Dashboard Editor
- Creating Dashboards
- Adding Tables, Charts, Scorecards, and Meters
- Adding User Interactivity: Filters, Listings, Actions
- Formatting and customizing dashboards
- Customizing the User Portal
- Orientation to the Architect
- Defining Cubes: Dimensions, Measures, Listings
- Defining Subject Areas
- Creating Cube Relationships
- Using Cube Versions
- Options for keeping cube data current
- Synchronization mechanisms
- Cube Manager
- Building and testing a KPI
- Displaying KPI data on dashboards
- Defining filters for KPI data
- Defining custom dashboard actions in KPIs
- Security overview
- Securing Tools: Analyzer, Architect, User Portal
- Securing Elements: Dashboards, pivots, cubes, etc.
- Caching query results
- Using multiple processes
- Global Mappings
- Troubleshooting cube builds and synchronizations
- Troubleshooting query performance
- Packaging Dashboards and Pivot Tables for deployment
InterSystems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. We will usually cancel a class if there are fewer than five registrants. In the event of cancellation by InterSystems, we will refund any payment made for the canceled course.
Tuition is fully refundable if a registrant notifies InterSystems at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. For cancellation received afterward, we will provide a credit toward a future class.