Table of Contents
- InterSystems Corporation Privacy Statement
- How Your Information is Collected
- How Your Information is Used
- Recipients, Transfer, and Disclosure of Your Information
- Controlling Your Information
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Transmitting Information to Us
- Our Global Trust Data Protection, Privacy and Security Policy
- Contact Us
- Contacting Your Regional Data Protection Authority
- Changes to Our Privacy Statement
InterSystems Corporate Privacy Statement
InterSystems Corporation is a global company with employees, customers, business partners, job applicants, and website visitors interacting with us online, in person, as well as through phone and email. This Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) will explain how we use your personal information regardless of what your relationship is with us and how it is received; please note, in our efforts to keep this user-friendly, depending on the context, other privacy materials may supplement this Statement. For example, additional details relevant to job applicants may be found on our career pages. No matter what the scenario, however, InterSystems respects and values your privacy and will not sell your personal information. If you have questions after reading this Statement, please contact us at: GlobalTrust@InterSystems.com.
In short, no matter where you are, where you live, or what your citizenship, InterSystems provides the same high standard of privacy and data protection to all our users and customers around the world.
How Your Information is Collected
You directly provide InterSystems with most of the information we collect and maintain. We collect and process information when you:
- Provide your business card to us at an exhibition or conference.
- Email us at one of the addresses provided on our website.
- Fill out and submit one of our online contact forms.
- Submit a job application to us.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How Your Information is Used
Information which you give us directly is used only for the purpose(s) for which you provided unless you agree otherwise. InterSystems collects your data so that we can:
- Administer your job application for a specific role; however, if you agree, we may use that information to consider you for other roles.
- Process your information in the contexts and purpose of Developer Connection, only if you are a member or are a customer representative.
- Respond to your online “Contact Us” inquiry and/or email. If you agree, InterSystems will also use your information to provide you news and/or announcements such as new product information, maintenance releases, services, and upcoming corporate events.
- Understand which parts of our website you may have visited and how frequently.
- Provide better usability, troubleshooting, and site maintenance.
Additionally, information we receive will be used and shared among our internal departments, offices, and affiliates, only when there is a need and always subject to applicable law. Third-party agents may be employed to help manage the distribution of announcements and analyse information.
InterSystems may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Customer applications.
- Logged data from third parties for services such as conversion tracking.
- Posts and submissions made by community users and developer forums, e.g., Developer Connection.
Recipients, Transfer, and Disclosure of Your Information
InterSystems does not share your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We share your information within InterSystems and with its subsidiaries, business partners, services vendors, authorised third-party agents, or contractors.
InterSystems does not sell your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or other consideration.
Generally, InterSystems, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States, is the data controller processing your information. If, however, the data controller processing your information is located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the following applies:
- We may transfer your information to third parties located in countries outside the EEA, including countries which have different data protection standards than those that apply in the EEA. Our worldwide locations can be found at Worldwide Office Locations.
- If those partners or offices located outside the EEA are deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the Commission’s decision to protect your information.
- If those partners or offices located outside the EEA do not have an adequacy decision, we use the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses ( SCCs Controller-to-Controller and SCCs Processor-to-Processor) and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office International Data Transfer Agreement ( IDTA Controller-to-Controller) to protect your information.
- When required, InterSystems may disclose your information to law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities, in order to comply with any legal obligations. For more information about the purposes for which we would collect your information, please see our
Controlling Your Information
You are in control of the information you directly provide us. You may also restrict the information gathered from third-party services which may be limited or prevented through browser configuration (examples include “Do Not Track” mode in certain browsers) and managing your privacy preferences on the third-party sites (such as disabling “Promoted content”).
Your Data Protection Rights
Subject to the laws of your country, you have the right to access, correct, delete, or transfer your information which we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your information, to withdraw this consent. You also have the right to object in situations where we process your information based on a legitimate interest; however, this right may be limited in certain circumstances such as when we have a legal obligation to process your information.
For more information about how to exercise your choices and a summary of your legal rights, please visit our Exercising Your Privacy Rights page.
Transmitting Information to Us
All information received through our website, community websites, or other forums owned or operated by InterSystems, will be treated as non-confidential, which includes, but is not limited to, business plans, inventions, and commercial information. Submitting such information shall not create an obligation of any kind by InterSystems, and InterSystems shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute information to others. This Statement does not define or modify InterSystems’ responsibilities and obligations with respect to protected health information, any information transmitted in the furtherance of an existing contractual relationship between InterSystems and you or another party, or any statutory obligation and such transmission is subject to the Information Sharing Terms.
This Statement is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Use. Sending information via InterSystems.com will act as the sender’s consent to the following: (i) the use of such information as described by this Privacy Statement, (ii) agreement to resolve any dispute according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States of America, and (iii) exclusively limiting dispute resolution to arbitration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Our Global Trust Data Protection Privacy Security Policy
For more information about our global approach to privacy, how we secure personal information, and about the purposes for which we would collect personal information, please see our Global Trust Data Protection, Privacy and Security Policy.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that InterSystems has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your applicable regional authority. For more information on how to contact your regional authority, please visit our Exercising Your Privacy Rights page.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
InterSystems keeps its Privacy Statement under regular review and places any updates on this website. This Statement was last updated on August 3, 2022.