Empower Patients and Families with the Information They Need for Better Outcomes
A Comprehensive, Multi-EMR, Patient Portal
Unlike electronic medical record (EMR)-specific patient portals, InterSystems HealthShare Personal Community is central to a community-wide patient engagement strategy. For its data source, Personal Community relies on InterSystems HealthShare Information Exchange to aggregate information from multiple EMRs, wearables, claims, and other sources into a single, unified care record. This is the same care record used by clinicians, but with a user interface designed for patients.
Regardless of how many data sources you have, patients and their designees can access their health information securely with a single, simple user interface on their device of choice. Use cases for Personal Community include:
- Meeting patient expectations for consumer-level access to health information
- Engaging patients in their own or a family member’s care to improve patient satisfaction and awareness
- Achieving and demonstrating relevant Meaningful Use criteria
- Unifying multiple patient portals into one for a better patient experience (after a merger or acquisition, for example, or when patients are seen by several non-networked providers)
- Improving workflow for staff via patient self-service options
- Empowering patients and families with all the information they need for better care decisions and outcomes
The Value of Engagement
Research shows that engaged and activated patients have higher levels of satisfaction and use fewer resources. Patients who understand their conditions and treatment options make better healthcare decisions and patient record review leads to safer care and improved record quality. Patients and their designees can use any web browser, on any device, to:
- Review and manage care records
- Upload data from home or personal medical devices
- Schedule appointments
- Complete questionnaires and other forms for the care team
- Receive alerts and notifications
- Learn about conditions and adopting healthier behaviors
- Securely interact with care providers
- Link to external systems to view and pay bills
Redefining the Patient Portal to Transform Healthcare in Your Community
Shifting business models, industry consolidation, and constrained resources make a fully engaged patient population essential. Personal Community offers patients and their designees an engaging user interface with a real-time view of all the information available across any number of data providers. The look-and-feel is configurable to support your branding and market identity. You determine what data to present to patients and in what format. You select the appropriate enrollment model for your organization.
Personal Community includes features that help engage patients and make care delivery more efficient, and the portal itself easy to configure, manage, and secure. These include:
- A simple user interface for use by patients and their designees, on any device. This user interface accesses the same unified record used by their care team.
- A workbench, overview dashboard, and robust reporting for managing and tracking enrollment, designee assignment, tasks, adoption metrics, and Personal Community customization
- Questionnaire and device data integration and consolidation. Data from completed online questionnaires and uploaded documents, such as advance directives, and from home devices such as scales, pulsometers, and blood oxygen readers, can be included in the patient’s unified care record for use by care team members and in analytics.
- Alerts and notifications delivered to the patient’s Personal Community inbox or to patients directly, based on data and analytics in the unified care record. With multiple systems tied in to Personal Community, it becomes a single source for alerts and other notifications, helping to reduce the burden and hazards of information overload.
- Communication in the user’s preferred language.
- Secure enrollment and designees using flexible, positive ID during setup. Enrollment may be handled at the point of care, initiated by a patient, or via an external application such as a registration system. Patients can assign family members or others on their care team as designees who can view their records.
- Secure data access. Personal Community does not store data on the patient’s device unless a file is downloaded by the patient.
- Personalized education content. Adopters of Personal Community can add local news and events, links to community resources, and relevant patient education materials to the portal, creating a trusted information environment that enhances relationships with your organization.
More than a Service
Personal Community is part of the HealthShare suite of connected health solutions, and can be delivered as a managed service. Combine Personal Community with InterSystems HealthShare Information Exchange, InterSystems HealthShare Health Insight, or InterSystems HealthShare Patient Index to advance your digital transformation strategy.
Customer Support and Education
When you select Personal Community, you get more than technology. You also get InterSystems acclaimed customer support and extensive educational opportunities. Search for Personal Community education resources at Learning.InterSystems.com. Learn more about Personal Community and all of the products within the HealthShare suite at InterSystems.com/HealthShare.