InterSystems IRIS, Ensemble, HealthShare, Caché, Studio, InterSystems ObjectScript, Business Process Language, Integration Engine, EAI, Data Transformations, BPL, Business Processing Models, Dashboards, Workflow
5 days, private only
In-person private classroom: $14,000/class
Virtual private classroom: $17,000/class
In-person private class price includes a discount!
Available as a private classroom course only. To ensure each student has the best experience, a private classroom course can be either an in-person classroom course, or a virtual classroom course. A class cannot be a mix of in-person and virtual attendees.
This five-day course teaches implementation partners, integrators, developers, and analysts how to rapidly build integration solutions. Students build a Production using InterSystems Objects, graphical tools in the Management Portal, Business Process Language (BPL), the adapter library, and an IDE. Students create business services, business processes, business operations, and messages. Students also learn how to write business rules and define workflows.
This course is applicable for users of InterSystems IRIS Data Platform, InterSystems IRIS for Health, and Ensemble.
You are required to have the following knowledge/experience prior to attending this course:
- InterSystems Objects programming experience
See the Achieving Prerequisites section if you do not fulfill this requirement.
If you do not have previous experience with InterSystems Objects programming, attend the
Developing with InterSystems Objects and SQL course or complete the following online courses:
- InterSystems IRIS Objects Introduction
- Creating an InterSystems Class Definition
- InterSystems ObjectScript Basics
Preparing for Class
Online courses that will help you familiarize yourself with material covered in class but are not required include:
Course Agenda: Day 1 (Optional)
- Organizing object technology
- Interacting with other technologies
- Properties, relationships, streams
- Populating a test application
- Class and instance methods
- Scripting languages
- Method signatures
- Connecting to relational databases
- Indexing across application
- Introduction to building a front end for your integration application
Course Agenda: Days 2-5
- Basic functionality
- Business Processing Models
- Production definitions
- Using the Management Portal
- Creating messages
- Designing messages for Business Services, Business Processes, Business Operations
- Outbound adapters
- Business Process Language (BPL)
- BPL graphical editor
- Inbound adapters
- Direct invocation
- Implementing Context
- Using DTL to implement Data Transformations
- Using actions in DTL
- Business Processing Model details
- Creating Dashboards
- Using workflow in the Management Portal
- Implementing workflow using Workflow roles and users
- Building Business Rules
- Calling Business Rules
InterSystems reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. We will usually cancel a class if there are fewer than five registrants. In the event of cancellation by InterSystems, we will refund any payment made for the canceled course.
Tuition is fully refundable if a registrant notifies InterSystems at least 10 business days prior to the announced start date. For cancellation received afterward, we will provide a credit toward a future class.