Insurance incumbents are navigating an increasingly complex landscape. Technological breakthroughs have leveled the playing field and (digital) newcomers are biting at their heels. In a digital-by-default paradigm, operational efficiencies have driven down costs and increased speed to market. Ultimately, the customer stands to win – able to access improved services more securely. Competing to win over this next generation of customers, however, is challenging. Incumbents furthermore have to side step an increasingly nuanced web of regulation as they look for new growth opportunities. The old modus operandi clearly won’t cut it anymore and the question at the top of everyone’s mind is: what next for the payer market?
Key topics include:
- How are incumbents interacting with newcomers? What can they learn from each other? How do their threatscapes differ?
- How are policyholder expectations changing and what will insurers need to do to keep up with them?
- What underpins agility and the ability to adapt to today’s ‘new normal’?
- How has regulation impacted the landscape? How will this evolve over the next 5, 10, 15 years?
- What parts of the insurance value chain are best suited to digitization? How big a roadblock are inflexible legacy systems?